Nov 28, 2008

We shall overcome TODAY!

What is happening? All this cannot be for real. This happens only in movies. I usually cry only while watching movies but these days I have been crying seeing what is happening all around the world. I am having this sinking feeling in my heart. Till last week, the worry was only about my job but now its becoming a question of life! Isnt it shameful that I am feeling insecure in my own country and the city I have adopted!

I want to believe in these lines

We shall overcome, we shall overcome

We shall overcome some day

Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe

We shall overcome some day

..... but will it be too late by then? :(

The Lord will see us through,

the Lord will see us through

The lord will see us through some day

Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe

The Lord will see us some day

..... but where is He today when we are suffering for no fault of ours?

We’ll walk hand in hand, we’ll walk hand in hand

We’ll walk hand in hand some day

Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe

We’ll walk hand in hand some day

..... Yes THIS must happen right now !
We are not afraid, we are not afraid

We are not afraid today

Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe

We are not afraid today

.... I am trying that I swear, I am trying it, but when I hear a loud sound, I get worried; when I look at a crowd, I feel scared. But I will not break down, no way!
We shall live in peace, we shall live in peace

We shall live in peace some day

Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe

WE SHALL LIVE IN PEACE SOMEDAY.... NO...NO... FROM TODAY!

15 comments:

Vee November 29, 2008 at 2:30 AM  

This is for real.

There will be Rahul Raj (he was foolish yet brave enough than u n me) turning up now n then, but at present we are all hopeless, completely shattered as if life has been snatched. We are living corpses. How the hell are we supposed to rise like a phoenix in this country which cannot understand the seriousness of it now also. Authorities have started blame game already. What chance a common man got here? RDB doesn't happen in real life.

And for once we all are feeling orphan in our own country.

Anonymous,  November 29, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

guess what i have lost hopes! and everyone seems to have!

Reema November 29, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

Hum honge kamyaab ek din...zaroor!

WhatsInAName November 29, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

Oxy :(
We must do something. The government cannot get away with it. I guess our only hope is God Almighty!

Verbivore !
Lets not lose hope yet. There is a silver lining to every cloud!

Reema!
Yes Hum honge kamyab zaroor.

Reema November 29, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

Ummm then who is left to vote? :(

Smita November 29, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

I have been chanting these words from the time I read this post...

I just wish we not only overcome but also find a permanent solution here..

Kush November 30, 2008 at 12:05 AM  

That is a nice poem you wrote there, and yes, we surely will overcome.

Ava December 1, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

WIAN, There are so many people I love who live in Mumbai. Though it is good to see them unharmed, it is sad that anyone had to die.

I remember during the heydays of terrorism in Punjab, I used to be fearful of driving, wondering if a bomb would go off somewhere, fearful of travelling because anyone could just board the bus and ask some people to step down and be shot.

These are scary times.

~nm December 2, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

We shall definitely overcome!!

WhatsInAName December 2, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

Reema!
Lets not give up hope. When we start questioning our leaders, they would automatically become or try to become answerable. We cannot take it keeping quiet anymore.

Smita!
Wo subaha kabhi to aayegi

Rhett!
Yeah. I am told that positive thinking helps!

Ava !
I was there in Delhi those times when the 84 riots took place. I can understand the trauma you would have gone through. Lets hope noone has to go through all that!

NM!
Yes, now thats the spirit we require at the moment!

aMus December 3, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

:(

so much has been said andthought teh past few days that now, i can just wait and watch and hope for the best...

how are things now?

Just Like That December 3, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

those days when this used to be sung regularly in school seem like a dream now.....
lovely peaceful times. :-(

Usha December 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM  

I truly hope we have seen the last of such blood baths. Hope is all we have now.

Monika December 5, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

We Shall Overcome.

an award for u on my blog :)

WhatsInAName December 5, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Suma!
Things are getting back to normal and that is not a good sign. I am still hopeful for a change!

JLT :(
Seriously! Times were peaceful then

Usha!
I Hope and I Pray that this is the end!

Monika :)
Thanks for that sweet award, It surely lifted my sagging spirits

Post a Comment

So what are your thoughts on my thoughts?

  © Blogger template AutumnFall by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP